[RkWard-devel] Second preview of rkward 0.4.0

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Oct 11 22:30:24 UTC 2006

Hi all,

many thanks to all who sent me bug reports on the 0.4.0pre1 release. I have
just prepared another preview release, available at
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/rkward-0.4.0pre2.tar.gz .

I hope to have corrected at least some of the causes of crashes, and other
issues. I have also added some minor new features, and probably I've also
introduced a few new bugs for you to discover.

On change might cause some special issues, but would have to be done sooner or
later, either way:
The way variable labels, other meta information, and invalid values are stored
has been changed to be more compatible with R's internal workings.
Unfortunately, that means, this information can not be read from your saved
workspaces any more (before the real 0.4.0 release, I'll provide a conversion
script). The data itself should not be affected.

If you can find the time, I'd like to ask you to do another round of testing
on the new release. Hopefully there will be fewer bugs this time, but I'm
sure there are some important ones left.