[RkWard-devel] RKWard 0.4.2pre1: Call for testing, question

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Nov 30 13:40:12 UTC 2006

Hi!

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 21:00, Ilias Soumpasis wrote:
> I worked with the translation, translated the new strings and changed
> those who needed change, so I send the el.po file attached.

Thanks! Committed.

> One final thing. There is a package (don't know if you are aware of)
> called xtable.This gives the results in format that can be used at
> latex/html documents. I don't know if this could help somewhere,
> reducing some of the jobs to be done. Also I don't know if there is a
> way (with something like xtable package or something else) to embed
> some results from a command from the console to the output (something
> like the copy to the output utility for graphics). It is just an idea,
> hope it is useful.

You can print almost every R object / command result to the output
using "rk.print (x)". This function is just a small wrapper around the
HMTL(x) call from package R2HTML. We don't use R2HTML everywhere, yet, in the
plugins, but this should be fairly similar to xtable (except it really covers
mostly every R object).

An alternative (if you want full control over the output) is to use
sink (rk.get.output.html.file (), append=TRUE)
# print() / cat() something
sink ()		# restore normal output mode

The same issue as previously with the plots still applies, for now: After a
call to rk.print(), the output will not be refreshed automatically, you need
to do Output->Refresh to see the result.