[RkWard-devel] Catalan translation

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Nov 25 20:21:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Friday 24 November 2006 19:48, Griera wrote:
> I have completed the translation (except some things as "Non-Functions"),

great!

> but I have a doubt: Which is the difference among "Restore Workplace
> layout" and "Restore Workplace"?

Well, we differentiate between "Workspace" and "Workplace". Workspace is all
the R objects as saved by the R function save(), and as visible in the
workspace browser in rkward. Workplace is the windows (script editors / data
editors / help files / output) managed by rkward. Now the problem is, that I
don't think this differentiation / these terms will be immediately obvious to
users. Hence I added "layout", hoping to better make clear, what the term
refers to. So in essence "Workplace" and "Workplace layout" is the same
thing, and if there is a good term for it in Catalan, just use that.