[RkWard-devel] Translation

Griera griera at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 14:23:37 UTC 2006

Hello No No:

A Dimecres 15 Novembre 2006 19:47, vàreu escriure:
> Having some free time these days I decided to start translating in
> greek. I downloaded the pot file and started translating. I named the
> file el.po.
>
> It is the first time I am translating, so any advices would be helpful.

I use Kbabel and if you get the kde-l10n-XX.tar.bz2 file from
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/snapshots/kde-l10n/, kbabel do a lot of works
automatically. Then you only need to review this work.

The kde documentation
(http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdesdk/kbabel/compendium.html) talk about
a XX.messages.bz2, but I can find it. Then, I use as PO compendium the PO
file from ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/snapshots/kde-l10n.

> Some questions. What encoding sould the file have? Where do I send the
> file el.po file?

I work in a Debian with encoding iso-8859-15, but I use kbabel to translate
the po files and in kbabel I use utf-8.

Regards. Pep.