[RkWard-devel] Translation

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Nov 16 13:47:13 UTC 2006

Hi No No, hi Griera,

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 19:47, No No wrote:
> Having some free time these days I decided to start translating in
> greek. I downloaded the pot file and started translating. I named the
> file el.po.

great!

> It is the first time I am translating, so any advices would be helpful.

As a matter of fact, I've never done a translation myself, so I'm not really
qualified to answer (those on this list, who are, please speak up). Some
first pointers are available here:
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=Translation_RKWard

> Some questions. What encoding sould the file have? Where do I send the
> file el.po file?

I suppose, the preferred encoding is UTF-8, but the appropriate ISO for your
locale should be fine as well. If all else fails, it will be possible to
convert the locale afterwards.

You can post the .po file to this list, or send it to me directly.