[RkWard-devel] Failling to build a Debian-Pakckage of RKWard-0.3.6

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri May 19 10:22:02 UTC 2006

Hi Thomas,

> I am just trying to build a package for Debian Sarge, using dh-make
> and other little helpers.

look no further, we've already taken care of debianization (and hopefully,
soon RKWard will be included in the official debian archive). You can either
download the diff.tar.gz in addition to the source.tar.gz and extract the
debian directory from there.

Or (much easier) add the following to your sources.list:
deb-src http://rkward.sourceforge.net/debian ./
Then you can do a
# apt-get build-dep rkward
# apt-get source rkward
and build from there.

Finally (easier yet), if you're machine is an i386 compatible, you can add
this line to your sources.list:
deb http://rkward.sourceforge.net/debian sarge/
and install the backport of the lastest release with
# apt-get install rkward

> Well, to sum up for those who don't speak German, rkward installation
> tries to override the file /usr/share/apps/katepart/syntax/r.xml,
> which at the same time is also part of package kdelibs-data.

And unfortunately there is not nice workaround for that. What we do is to
exclude the improved syntax highlighting definition from the debian package
to avoid this conflict. Sooner or later, the improved version will be shipped
with KDE.
For all the other little details look at the files in the diff.tar.gz.