[RkWard-devel] Images in dialogues

Stefan Rödiger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Wed May 17 00:50:37 UTC 2006

Hi RKWardians,

recently I had a few private talks to Thomas. To keep in touch with you
too, I want to share my ideas here.
I came up with the idea to embed "images" to the interfaces of certain
plug-ins. So user can "see" what they are going to to. For graphs the
less sophisticated approach is, however, simply to use images. The more
sophisticated approach is to use the drawing capabilities of R (which
would be very hard to implement I guess). But there are also other new
possibilities. Such images could also be connected to certain events
like doing the plot or give the option for other chart types. Or one
could create a colour picker for charts line types and so on. See
Appendix. Sure, there are other useful situations. Since RKWard is a
GUI  one should have at least a simple option for programmers. Maybe
this could become a long-term project for the embeddable "plot options"
plug-in.
What do you think?
coloroptins

chartoptions