[RkWard-devel] distribution plugin

Stefan Rödiger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Sat Mar 11 21:56:50 UTC 2006

Hi there,

unexpected I was too busy this week to finish the plug-ins as intended.
However, I promised to provide them this week. You will find them as
attachment.

So far only the calculations work more or less properly. Charting is
still a problem because some of the needed arguments form RKWards side
as still "mysterious" to me. Anyway, I attached my existing stuff too.
The plan is to extend the functionality of RKWard at least to the level
of Rcmdr. So my plans go farer. The following table gives an overview of
available and planed Distribution functions according to the R syntax.
Random deviates and quantile functions are not jet supported in general.

Distribution

d-command

p-command

q-command

r-command

Binomial

dbinom

*x*

pbinom

*x*

qbinom

rbinom

Chi-Squared

dchisq

*x*

pchisq

*x*

qchisq

rchisq

Exponential

dexp

pexp

qexp

rexp

Gamma

dgamma

pgamma

qgamma

rgamma

Normal

dnorm

*x*

pnorm

*x*

qnorm

rnorm

Poisson

dpois

*x*

ppois

*x*

qpois

rpois

Snedecor's F

df

*x*

pf

*x*

qf

rf

Student's T

dt

*x*

pt

*x*

qt

rt

Uniform

dunif

punif

qunif

runif

Weibull

dweibull

pweibull

qweibull

rweibull

I hope to complete all within the next weeks. Moreover some names might
be misleading. I'm open for suggestions.
Another question about the dialogues in "my" plugins. When I invoke the
rk.graph.on () function is the code no more visible in the code frame.
Is this only my observation or ... ? Example:

rk.graph.on ()

To answer some previous open posts:

@Pierre:
I found your name on the KStat homepage while I was searching for an R
frontend. For any reason I kept it in mind and remembered when I saw it
on the RKWard homepage.

@Thomas:
I asked for syntax highlighting. And I was indeed thinking of the
console. But if it is hard to implement just forget my stupid idea.
Obviously there would be workarounds (external editor) for people who
would need this.

Cheers!

Stefan