[RkWard-devel] plugin input field

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Feb 27 17:56:00 UTC 2006

Hi Stefan,

> a new question here for "my" distribution plug-ins. Is there something
> so far that I can use to enter values accept the varselctor way in a
> field e.g.? I stumbled over <forumla .../> but this doesn't seem to be
> the right way because I guess you designed it just for formulas.

not quite sure, what exactly you would like to see. One fairly easy
possibility would be to simply allow free-text entries in the varslot (ok,
it's not quite as simple to code this as it may seem, but it's certainly
feasible). Expert users could then simply enter plain R syntax like "c (1, 2,
3, 4)" instead of choosing an object from the varselector.
If you're looking for something more sophisticated, to help the newbie user as
well, then I'm afraid, I have no good idea, what this could look like. If you
have something specific in mind, could you outline your ideas?

> And how can I load a package (r2html) automatically each time I run RKWard?

By filing a wishlist item ;-) Well, seriously, there's no support for this,
yet, but I have two changes in mind, which would add that possibility. For
one thing, I'll probably add the option to source some plain R commands on
startup. Another thing is that the package selection/installation dialog
should probably be redesigned completely. Then it might also be a good idea
to add a "preload" checkbox for all packages.
However, neither plan is at the top of my priorities at the moment.

BTW, from the screenshot you sent, it looks like you've already created an
impressive number of plugins. Maybe you could put what you have so far in a
tar.gz and send it to the list. Then we could try out all the neat new
plugins, even if some may not be quite finished, yet.