[RkWard-devel] trying to compile

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 10:31:49 UTC 2005

Hi,
Firstly, I am very interested in the work that is being done. I have
been looking for this kind of work for a long time. I wish the
developers a very good luck. As is mentioned on the website, theres a
long long "way to go".Now, I am not a comfotable C/C++ code writer, so
I will keep my comments to 'testing' issues.

I use the testing debian with R from the unstable distribution. What
developmental/header file/packages are needed to compile rkward from
sources? Here is the last few lines from ./configure (for 3.3 version,
I will try the v3.4 once I know that 3.3 works).

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021))
(library qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!

following link gives the libqt3 search results on debian's page. which
of these are needed ?

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?version=testing&subword=1&exact=&arch=any&releases=all&case=insensitive&keywords=libqt3&searchon=names

thanks and keep up the good work.
kapat