[RkWard-devel] New website, release 0.3.3 (FreeBSD install)

jjmichael at comcast.net jjmichael at comcast.net
Wed Oct 12 17:57:16 UTC 2005

1. The menu options: rkwardui.rc needs to be copied to /usr/local/share/apps/rkward (this isn't done automatically during the install).

2. Reinstalled R, this time into /usr/local.  Then reinstalled rkward using:

	./configure --with-extra-libs=/usr/local/lib/R/lib/ --with-extra-includes=/usr/local/lib/R/include --enable-debug=full

3. RHOME issues: all three were identical (/usr/local/lib/R), still didn't work.

4. rkward didn't work (still couldn't find libR.so) until I copied (on a whim)

	sudo cp /usr/local/lib/R/lib/libR.so /usr/local/lib/libR.so

...worked fine after that.

5. Also noticed that the rkward installation did not install a /plugins folder anywhere.  Had to copy it from the build directory to get rkward to stop complaining on launch.

Thanks for the help, Thomas.  I hope this feedback will help you in development and anyone else trying to install on FreeBSD.

--Jake