[RkWard-devel] Another call for testing

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Oct 5 16:47:57 UTC 2005

Hi Jake,

> rkloadlibsdialog.cpp:188: error: cannot declare member function `
>    RKSettingsModuleLogfiles::filesPath' within `RKLoadLibsDialog'
> rkloadlibsdialog.cpp:188: error: parse error before `.' token

Please replace line 188 in rkward/dialogs/rkloadlibsdialog.cpp ("QDir
(RKSettingsModuleLogfiles::filesPath ()).mkdir ("package_archive");") with
this:

	QString dummy = RKSettingsModuleLogfiles::filesPath ();
	QDir dir;
	dir.setPath (dummy);
	dir.mkdir ("package_archive");

> Is this just me/my system or are other people having similar problems?

Well, it's definitely a compiler error, there's nothing wrong with the code
itself. Since it seems to show up frequently enough, it's quite likely, this
compiler error did not exist for very long, and most people probably are not
affected (but please speak up, if you are!).
However, the buggy compiler is out there, so the problems need to be taken
care of. Please keep sending those reports, as long as errors keep showing
up.

Thanks!