[RkWard-devel] Release plans?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Apr 25 19:17:53 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm currently pondering, when to release the next version of rkward. I see a
couple of issues, that I would like to see resolved, soon, but that
personally I don't think should hold up a release by themselves:

-
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1183922&group_id=50231&atid=459010
(improved type-checking for varslots): Currently e.g. the scatterplot plugin
will not accept variables in rkward-generated data.frames. Still it is very
useful for other R objects, so this is not much of a show-stopper in my
opinion

-
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1183931&group_id=50231&atid=459007
(crashes in plugins): Since this does not happen often, I think this is not a
major issue, given that rkward is still labeled a technology preview

-
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1189698&group_id=50231&atid=459010
(restructuring plugin directory layout): This is nagging me quite a bit, but
isn't visible to end-users.

I know some of you check out the CVS version once in a while, so if you think
differently on the mentioned issues or have noted other important issues in
current CVS, please speak up.

Pierre: Did you / or you planning to start on the Command log (watch)
improvements we discussed? If so, can you give a rough estimate of how soon
you will be able to provide a working version? (If that's not much more than
a week, I'd suggest we delay the release until you're done, otherwise, it
might be a good idea to rush the release before we start on our next items)

Any further issues to consider?