[RkWard-devel] RKWard 0.2.9

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Sep 26 15:11:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

> I see that there is now a .pot file. Do you think it's
> usefull to start translating Rkward, or is it too
> early?

Basically the situation is still mostly like described in
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9307206
I.e. esp. for the plugins there still is no i18n framework. However, I believe
that the other strings have stabilized at least somewhat, so it might indeed
make sense to start translating. Note, however, that at a number of places
you'll find strings that I forgot to put an i18n () around and also you'll
find bad practices like concatenated strings.
This means, translating might not be a lot of fun initially, but on the other
hand, probably those things will not improve until somebody starts working on
a translation and bugging me about those problems. (BTW, as an additional
problem, I just realized, I forgot to update the .pot-file for the release.
I've just updated the version in CVS. It should be available as revision 1.3
from WebCVS within 24 hours
(http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/rkward/rkward/po/rkward.pot?only_with_tag=HEAD)
or you could use CVS directly.)
Sorry, if I'm not making any more definite statements. I have too little
experience with i18n to really tell, how much work will be required. A
translation would be a very welcome contribution, however, and I don't think
the work would be wasted, either.