[RkWard-devel] RKSpinBox

David Sibai lordofthemoose at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 31 13:31:35 UTC 2004

Hi,
> Well, it's not really a high priority item. The problem is that RKSpinBox
> or the QSpinBox it's based on, internally works with integer values only.
Kde provides a  KDoubleSpinBox widget
(http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kdeui/html/classKDoubleSpinBox.html),
but unfortunately it is fixed point as well. There is a tricky relationship
between range and precision.
MoreQt provides a proper  doubleSpinBox widget
(http://kafka.fr.free.fr/MoreQt/classmqDblSpinBox.html). If you want, I can
add it to rkward.
> > 2.  UI-wise, there are now 4 windows open at the same time (objects,
> Yes, I have something like that in mind, but I don't know exactly what, so
> far. Most importantly, however, it should be configurable and the user
> should be able to easily dock/undock windows.
> Code-wise I've started taking care of this by deriving all those windows
> from QWidget (which can be either top-level windows or embedded) instead of
> QDialog et al. (which can only ever be top-level windows). But that's all
> I've done in that direction so far.
IDEAI is configurable and lets you easily dock/undock windows I think, and
there is a nice tutorial to KMDI. Plus you can switch at will with KMDI
between IDEA, tab page, toplevel & so forth.

David