[RkWard-devel] RKWard development docs online

David Sibai lordofthemoose at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Aug 21 05:37:36 UTC 2004

Hi,

Well, I just had a quick look at the documentation and at the source, which
seem both fairly clear to me. Just a couple of things:
1. About the design overview: maybe listing the classes used in each part of
the design could be useful (thus linking the overview with the technical
side) ? A way to do this would be to embed it in the doxygen doc code, I
suppose. I could try to do it (ie document the code), however I fear I would
make many mistakes. OTOH it would help me getting in the codebase...

2. From what I've understood, the php backend could be easily replaced with
any kind of interpreter (ie perl, python...). Do you support the idea of
having several backends or are you definitely against it ?

3. Is there any way to directly enter R-code, ie some kind of editor and have
it evaluated? Then goodbye emacs :-)

4.  As to the wizard/dialog mode, I think wizard mode should be set as
default.  Maybe it is not the case because Rkward is very much a work in
progress?

David