[RkWard-devel] Questions

David Sibai lordofthemoose at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 2 20:45:40 UTC 2004

Hi,
I just had a look at Rkward and it seems very promising.  I just have a couple
of (probably very stupid) questions:
1) Why a php backend instead of a more "traditional" scripting language like
python? There are a couple of python packages that can call R directly and
manage R objects as if they were python objects. This question is not here to
start a language war, but just out of curiosity.

2) As to the syntax highlighting problem mentioned on the home page, what
about katepart? I think it already has R syntax highlighting.

David

--
It's great to be smart 'cause then you know stuff.