[Rkward-devel] Contributions/Tips

Daniele Medri daniele.medri at libero.it
Wed Nov 20 14:05:03 UTC 2002

Alle 14:20, mercoledì 20 novembre 2002, thomas ha scritto:
> The project could indeed need a good statistician. Right now, however, the
> syntax/semantics for the plugins is still very unfinished, and likely to
> change, so it does not make much sense to put a lot of effort into writing
> plugin yet.

have you looked the new (standard) plugin system offered with kde3.1?

> I'd be happy to get some feedback on what everybody else thinks. Should we
> rather go for a cross-platform solution with probably more developers, or
> should we try to create a solution that fits smoothly into KDE (with
> probably fewer developers)? Would anybody willing to contribute do so only
> under one of these conditions?

as i explain, i'm for kde integration.
Limited number of developer for kde could be a joke.
Think that is actually the most used desktop environment and more advanced
solution *now* (ok, i'm ready for the flame!) and kde/qt developer know the
way they walk with experience. Think that an increasing number of
distribution are going to kde (united linux group and not only).

> By the way, as far as the SPSS-like GUI is concerned, my current thoughts
> are, to have the app start up looking much like SPSS, so people migrating
> from there will feel at home. The GUI should however allow a lot more
> flexibility than SPSS, and esp. be able to deal with multiple sets of data
> (objects).

right direction. I agree

> > Soon i'll make a report for usability issues.
> > When RKward will be i18n compatible? I'm ready to start Italian
> > localization.
>
> Not quite yet. This first release was just a rough draft. The next step is
> to determine, which direction the project should be heading. This may mean
> changing substantial portions of the code, or even program everything again
> from the ground up (it was not actually that much work, anyway) using a
> different toolkit. Therefore, I think it's still a bit early for
> localization efforts. Thanks for your offer, however, and stay tuned.

i'm here Tomas ;)
--
Daniele Medri