Re-spin opportunity for qqc2-desktop-style in KDE Frameworks v5.102

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Jan 11 22:53:34 GMT 2023

On mercredi 11 janvier 2023 13:13:00 CET ivan tkachenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is an opportunity to include some extra bug fixes (including
> long-standing annoying ones) which I did in a last minute, so to speak.

Well done for fixing those bugs. But if they are long-standing, and they missed
the tag for 5.102, surely they can wait for 5.103? What's one more month?

> The branch of qqc2-desktop-style MR !213 can be safely picked as a
> whole. It contained the following 10 commits:

"safely" is the entire question. In the world of QML/QQC2, I'm far from
convinced that there won't be a single regression coming from those changes,
thus triggering another respin, and another...

Can't these changes be tested in git for a month before being released?

Respins are for critical regressions, not for "nice to have" long-standing
bugfixes.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5