KDE Frameworks 5.94.0

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun May 15 22:03:27 BST 2022

On samedi 14 mai 2022 20:48:55 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El diumenge, 8 de maig de 2022, a les 0:11:35 (CEST), David Faure va escriure:

> > > This should have been a reply to this mail of course

> > Thanks for noticing. My "update l10n" script did show an error about that
> > but I didn't see that error and moved on. I have now improved things so I
> > can't launch the next step if this step failed.
> >
> > I now uploaded new tarballs (also including
> > https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/ plasma-framework/-/merge_requests/523)
> >
> > I hope it's all fine now, let me know otherwise.
>
> I've just realized that the packages dependencies have not been increased to
> 5.94 and they are just at 5.93. I guess that's not that bad, but just want
> to make sure that doesn't mean some other change may be also missing?

Good catch. Fortunately nothing else should be missing. The reason this didn't happen is that I run

cd ../src && ./kdesrc-build --src-only && cd ../release-tools && ./list_frameworks.sh && ./update_l10n.sh && ./increase_frameworks_version.sh step2

and update_l10n failed because anonsvn threw me out in the middle of it.
I didn't notice, ran the next step (./make_rc_tag.sh) and this is how we got tags with missing languages.
Then I fixed l10n and tagged again, completely missing that "increase_frameworks_version.sh step2" was never done.

Sigh, I wish svn.kde.org would work for the way we're using it at release time.

I have now added more error checking, including at the beginning of make_rc_tag.sh,
as well as a reminder to run "step2" after fixing the l10n problems.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5