KDE Gear and hotfix releases, how to see whether a user has the hotfix?

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Wed Oct 27 14:51:50 BST 2021

Hi,

in Debian we only can update Debian stable, than this needs to get approved by
the release manages. This is done by filing a diff aganist the old version in
stable. So providing just the patches is fine for Debian, as the commits
normally also explain what they fix. This helps us and the release managers to
understand why we need to update. In the end it boils down to the question,
either update the version numer or not.

For Debian unstable, we can either add patches or take the new version the
amount of work is nearly the same.

Please always list the commits included in hotfixes, as it has more context
why the hotfix version was created.

hefee