kup signing key

Simon Persson simon.persson at mykolab.com
Sat Jun 5 10:39:41 BST 2021

> On 2 June 2021 11:28:18 pm SGT, Christophe Giboudeaux
> <christophe at krop.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Looks like the key used to sign the kup 0.9.0 tarball isn't available
>> on
>> public servers:
>>
>> # gpg --search-keys C6C10CB4B8F6556AB08F0CEE8E0D9EA66ED30380
>> gpg: data source: https://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net:443
>> gpg: key "C6C10CB4B8F6556AB08F0CEE8E0D9EA66ED30380" not found on
>> keyserver
>>
>> Was it uploaded?
>>
>> Christophe

I have looked at this problem for a few hours but have been unable to
understand the problem. The key must be present on my system since I can
successfully run gpg --verify on the tarball. But I can't find the key
itself and therefore unable to export it to a keyserver. If I create a
new signature file it will also use this key that I am unable to find
and export.

I have now wiped the .gnupg folder and created a new key instead. With
the new key it seems to work better to create a signature file( the
signature file gets signed with the same key as the one listed  by gpg
--list-keys)
There is now a new release, 0.9.1, where I hope this matter is now
solved. I uploaded the new key to lots of key servers.

Sorry for the trouble, this encounter with gpg was not a fun one.
Simon