Fwd: Last Minute Dolphin Merge

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Aug 6 01:48:34 BST 2021

Am Freitag, 6. August 2021, 02:18:20 CEST schrieb Nate Graham:
> I know we didn't get our ducks in a row earlier, and I apologize for
> that, but
> I feel very strongly that this needs to go into 21.08. If it does not,
> then we're shipping a controversial behavior change to users in 21.08
> with no way to go back to the previous behavior.
>
> May I CC you all on the bug reports we're bound to receive? :p

Such threatening does not serve anything, even more when before seemingly
knowingly ignoring rules like feature freeze and string freeze. Rules are for
everyone, there are no developers more equal than others in our code farm
hopefully.

Instead I proppse to set the default config flag to match the old behaviour.
If that is not possible, it has to be hard-coded then.

There is always a next feazzre release a few months later thanks to release
service. Rushing things in last minute and breaking the rules harms the rules
and quality of the products. Let#s leave that to bad companies.

Cheers
Friedrich