Transition to new mirror infrastructure

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Nov 3 21:44:00 GMT 2020

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 10:34 AM Rex Dieter <rdieter at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm stumped here why this isn't working as before on milonia, to
> transfer a whole bunch of files at a time with wildcards.
> While individual transfers are fine:
> rsync deino.kde.org:stable/release-service/20.08.3/src/yakuake-20.08.3.tar.xz
> . -v
> yakuake-20.08.3.tar.xz
> (success)
>
> Wildcards no longer work:
> rsync deino.kde.org:stable/release-service/20.08.3/src/*.xz .
> rsync: link_stat
> "/srv/archives/ftp/stable/release-service/20.08.3/src/*.xz" failed: No such
> file or directory (2)
> rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors)
> (code 23) at main.c(1816) [Receiver=3.2.3]
> rsync: [Receiver] write error: Broken pipe (32)

Hi Rex,

As noted in my email to distributions@ yesterday, wildcards in this form
are not functionality natively supported by RSync.
This worked because bash was interpreting the regexes/wildcards for you.

The correct behaviour here would be to use the --include or --exclude
switches to rsync to obtain the desired behaviour.

Regards,
Ben