Missing announcement page for 19.12.2 & 3

Heiko Becker mail at heiko-becker.de
Tue Jul 21 21:49:40 BST 2020

On Tuesday, 21 July 2020 21:22:20 CEST, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dimarts, 21 de juliol de 2020, a les 9:51:26 CEST,
> Christophe Giboudeaux va escriure:
>> On mercredi 18 mars 2020 12:06:17 CEST Jonathan Riddell wrote: ...
>
> Yes, that's on purpose.
>
> "KDE Applications" doesn't exist as a concept anymore because
> it didn't make sense.
>
> So we don't have announcements for it because it doesn't exist anymore.
>
> Now we just have the monthly app announcements, that "by
> chance" every 4 months features lots of apps that happen to be
> released at the same time.

But those monthly app announcements are somewhat hard to find, because they
don't show up under

1) announcements on kde.org (except the one for July)
2) https://kde.org/announcements/ (even July is missing there)
3) kde-announce at kde.org

All three stopped after 19.08.3.
Furthermore, while I somewhat understand the purpose of promoting other
applications by KDE, it's IMHO a bit ridiculous that for the release
service part, which makes up >95% percent of the updates, one has to scroll
past the app store news to the last few lines at the bottom.

Regards,
Heiko