2 kirigami fixes for a point release

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Feb 18 20:37:48 GMT 2020

El dimarts, 18 de febrer de 2020, a les 4:03:05 CET, Nate Graham va escriure:
> On 2020-02-16 14:43, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Maybe i explain myself wrongly, i'm not blaming distros at all.
> >
> > They made a decision, we/I may agree with them or not, that's *my/our* problem, what I was disagreeing is to us having to do extra work because someone elses (the distros) decision.
>
> We already do this: it's called the Plasma LTS product. :-) It's been
> specifically created to cater to various distros' desires for an
> extended-support product they can ship to users of their own LTS releases.
>
> But yes, I can also agree with more tests, better stability, moving to
> GitLab so tests are run before merging, etc. I think we can all agree
> with that.
>
> However all the autotests in the world will not resolve the fundamental
> incompatibility between the Plasma LTS product, which is built around
> the release model of extended, ongoing bugfix releases, and Frameworks,
> which is built around a rolling release model with no bugfix releases at
> all.

I still don't see why this is a problem, as said Plasma depends on a myriad of libraries that are building each with their own release model, most probably with no bugfix releases at all either.

Incidentally what happens is that those libraries are not buggy, and it seems the Plasma-facing parts of KF5 are, well, let's make them not be.