Calligra 3.2 Beta 1

Wolfgang Bauer wbauer at tmo.at
Wed Apr 22 12:48:43 BST 2020

Am Mittwoch, 22. April 2020, 08:46:21 schrieb Dag:
> On 21-04-2020 20:06, Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 8. April 2020, 12:33:43 schrieb Dag:
> >> Source can be found here:
> >> http://download.kde.org/unstable/calligra/calligra-3.1.90.tar.xz
> >
> > Is is intentional that the english docs are not built/installed anymore
> > (they
> > are marked as "Not maintained"), but translated ones now are included
> > and
> > built/installed?
>
> Ahh, releaseme pulls the translated docs in with the translations so
> hard to avoid...
> Anyways, had a quick look at the docs and don't see any compelling
> reason to not install them.
> They are not quite up-to-date of course, but it's not a lot of false
> info either.
> So I think we'll include it in final release.

Well, normally I would think that if the english docs are intentionally
disabled, then the translated ones should not be there either. (or the other
way round: if the translated docs are considered "good enough", it would maybe
make sense to reactivate the english ones too... ;-))

But whatever, I just thought I should mention it, in case it happened by
accident.

> I'm close to clueless on docbook matters, but seems strange as e.g. &etc
> is an entity that should be defined by default and common to all
> documentation.

As Luigi wrote they apparently have to be defined for each language (in
kdoctools), and for Indonesian this was only added in 5.57.0:
https://cgit.kde.org/kdoctools.git/commit/?id=3dc6d5f32b07baf5f2344c667be590551b337350

Not sure what's the best course of action here though.

Anyway, deleting the po/id/docs/ folder fixes the build with older KDE
Frameworks (tested with 5.55.0), so it's probably not a big issue.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang