Questions about releasing playground app

Simon Persson simon.persson at mykolab.com
Tue Sep 17 10:21:37 BST 2019

Hello!

I recently started moving the Kup backup scheduler from github to KDE
hosting. As part of this migration I have some questions, I have looked
all over KDE's web pages but not found any answers. I hope someone here
can help to start sorting this out for me.

How are translations handled for playground applications - should my
release tarball still include .po files?

If so, how do I work with KDE translation teams? Translators commit
updated files directly in the source repo?

If not, that would mean making use of KDE's translation team and then my
message catalog will be included in the KDE localisation packages,
right? And in this case, how to handle setting up translations and
importing all the existing messages? I already made a Messages.sh file
in the root of the repo. Should I go around contacting all individual
language teams and provide them the existing .po files for them to check
and incorporate?

Thanks,

Simon