Deprecating Old Amarok Versions

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Tue Oct 1 15:28:54 BST 2019

Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:
> I'd like to propose deprecating old Amarok versions which are still on
> download in the stable directory https://download.kde.org/stable/amarok/

What do you mean by deprecating? I don't think we never did it. What is the
harm on leaving them as they are, as we did with all the other software before?

> Phonon no longer provides Qt 4 bindings so it is not usable with the rest of
> current KDE software.

If this is the only reason, then I don't think it's strong enough. As Harald
wrote, the old version of phonon can be co-installed, if someone really want:
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-distro-packagers/2019-August/000383.html

and I can confirm that it's working.

Ciao
--