KDE Applications rename to KDE Apps Bundle

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue May 21 02:29:04 BST 2019

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 6:43 AM Nate Graham <nate at kde.org> wrote:

> On 5/15/19 9:51 AM, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> > Nate Graham ha scritto:
> wouldn't

> >> That seems even worse because it becomes unclear why Plasma and
> Frameworks
> >> aren't included in it.
> >>
> >> Names have meaning; they're not just for catchy marketing purposes. The
> >> fundamental problem is that we're trying to name something we haven't
> actually
> >> defined: What *is* the apps bundle? Why does it exist? What's the logic
> for
> >> its contents?
> >
> > Names are also names for name's sake. See Firefox, Dolphin, Opera.
> > Of course Software Compilation does not work as well.
>
> Hmm, that's a good point.
>
> Nate

Inspired by the idea of KDE Galaxy (which I like a lot), I looked at an
online thesaurus, and add KDE: Pageant, Splash, Array, Aspects, Particles.

Any other ideas? Otherwise I see no reason not to go with KDE App Bundle,
since the release manager wants to change it, and the Promo team likes it
as well.

Can we come to a decision rather than bike-shedding this to death?

Valorie