KDE Applications rename to KDE Apps Bundle

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Sat May 11 18:30:36 BST 2019

On 5/11/19 4:44 AM, Elvis Angelaccio wrote:
> While I find "Apps Bundle" better than "Applications", it still wouldn't
> be a perfect fit. We should find a better name, ideally as catchy as
> "Plasma" is, but I don't know if we can.
>
> How about going back to "KDE Software Compilation YY.MM" instead?

That seems even worse because it becomes unclear why Plasma and
Frameworks aren't included in it.

Names have meaning; they're not just for catchy marketing purposes. The
fundamental problem is that we're trying to name something we haven't
actually defined: What *is* the apps bundle? Why does it exist? What's
the logic for its contents?

Nate