KDE Applications rename to KDE Apps Bundle

Elvis Angelaccio elvis.angelaccio at kde.org
Sat May 11 11:44:07 BST 2019

On 10/05/19 23:28, Nate Graham wrote:
> On 5/10/19 2:47 PM, Luigi Toscano wrote:
>> The name does not need to differentiate the content. The name should be
>> a) unique enough so that searching for it would hit just its page
>> b) distinct enough from generic words like "Application", "Apps" and
>> so on. The reason for that is to make sure that people don't confuse
>> this bundle with "all the applications and libraries developed by
>> KDE", which is a common source of confusion.
>
> Well OK, but how do come up with a name for a bundle of applications
> without using the words "Application" or "Bundle"? Any suggestions?

It's not just applications though. There are also libraries and scripts
and plugins in the "bundle".

While I find "Apps Bundle" better than "Applications", it still wouldn't
be a perfect fit. We should find a better name, ideally as catchy as
"Plasma" is, but I don't know if we can.

How about going back to "KDE Software Compilation YY.MM" instead?

Cheers,
Elvis