Possible issue with the dependency freeze for 19.04

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Fri Mar 29 11:34:14 GMT 2019

Le vendredi 29 mars 2019, 12:20:45 CET Daniel Vrátil a écrit :
> On Friday, March 29, 2019 11:42:03 AM CET laurent Montel wrote:

> > > I think we should revert this - QtMultimedia is not integrated with KDE
> > > the
> > > way Phonon is - we should use Phonon in KDE apps to provide consistent
> > > experience.
> > >
> > > Laurent, what was the motivation for the switch?
> >
> > Just for reducing extra lib.
> > Just for playing a song (when a message arrives) I don't see why we need
> > add this dependency.
>
> You literally only replaced one dependency by another. Absolutely nothing
> was gained here....the entire PIM already depends on Phonon,

Just the 2 area which I ported.
Not other phonon references.

> everything in
> KDE depends on Phonon, all you achieved by this is, that the app no longer
> follows user's KDE-wide audio settings.

Ok so you can revert it.

> > > Dan

Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (France) S.A.S., a KDAB Group company Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,
 www.kdab.fr KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts - Platform-independent
software solutions