Issue with Discover on the Plasma/5.14 branch

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Jan 25 21:38:13 GMT 2019

El dimarts, 22 de gener de 2019, a les 15:23:31 CET, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen va escriure:
> On Tuesday, 22 January 2019 14:16:34 GMT Nate Graham wrote:
> > There may be another option too: this has been broken in
> > Attics+KnewStuff forever, but it only recently regressed in Discover,
> > perhaps due to this commit:
> > https://cgit.kde.org/discover.git/commit/?h=Plasma/5.14&id=2bd91b93357318c4f
> > 7dd96b2f6e7a07dd74494c8
> >
> > If I'm understanding the problem, the KNS backend never leaves its
> > fetching state, so the button never becomes enabled. If this is the
> > case, it might be as simple as reverting that one-line change in the
> > Plasma/5.14 branch.
> >

> > Nate
>
>   Ooh... If that fixes the larger issue, then yes, that'd be worth it. Slight
> degredation in the update experience, traded off against an update that just
> doesn't work at all sometimes... certainly worth a shot :)

What's the status of this?

Have we confirmed that one liner fixes/improves the situation?

If so would we want to:
 a) Commit to Plasma/5.14 and tell packagers to distro-patch
 b) Get an actual 5.14.5.1 release of discover out?