[Semi-Urgent] KDE Applications 18.12 proposed schedule

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Thu Oct 11 22:41:09 BST 2018

Hey,

next Debian stable aka "Buster" is in the pipeline [1]

    2019-01-12 - Transition freeze
    2019-02-12 - Soft-freeze
    2019-03-12 - Full-freeze

Unfortunately KDEPIM  breaks ABI, so we need transitions to get new kdepim
into Debian, so we only have 1,5 month to prepare the transition, that is
quite tough (for 18.08 I needed 2 months). Properly we will end up with KDE
18.08 in Buster but ship most parts of 18.12 (depending on the manpower).

Maybe we can move the 18.12.3 release some days earlier? As we need 10 days
migration days before the Full-Freeze aka we need to push the packages before
2019-03-02. And at least we need some days to package the updates. Do you have
an overview about how many packages get "real" updates within one version
18.12.2->18.12.3 not only a version bump?

hefee

[1] https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Applications/18.12_Release_Schedule