Umbrello in KDE Applications

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Mar 25 10:38:03 UTC 2018

El diumenge, 25 de març de 2018, a les 5:31:00 CEST, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> Hi Release Folks,
>
> I've noticed that the recently branched Applications/18.04 release
> appears to contain Umbrello, even though it's release branch is quite
> clearly Qt 4 based - as seen on the CI system:
>
> https://build.kde.org/view/Applications/job/Applications%20umbrello%20stable
> -kf5-qt5%20WindowsMSVCQt5.10/4/console
>
> I've checked in the build metadata and it also says the kf5-qt5 branch
> is 'frameworks' rather than the more usual 'master'.
>
> Considering we're dropping Qt 4 support, shouldn't Umbrello not be
> included in the Applications/18.04 release?

Since I personally don't care much about Windows and the non Windows versions
are built using KF5, no, i don't think we should drop Umbrello from
Applications/18.04

Yes, it would be nice from some of our windows people to convince the Umbrello
developers their belief that somehow kdelibs4 is better supported on Windows
than KF5 is totally bogus, but it's somewhere I am not going to go.