[kde-release-team] Re: New module: KPkPass

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Mar 19 17:15:49 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 06:04:51PM +0100, Volker Krause wrote:

https://community.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle

> (1) We do not do "direct-to-frameworks" releases, ie. new modules should be
> battle-tested elsewhere before moving to KF5.

I don't know of that but once in frameworks there's strict ABI requirements so it's usually best to test elsewhere.  Self released extragear is easy enough.

> (2) We do not do releases from playground, and following that, no released
> module can depend on playground modules.

You can make alpha releases from playground, but not beta and final

> (3) Module moves have to be avoided where possible, ie. they should only be
> done to fix stuff, not as a planned evolution of a module.

No reason why that should be.  Moving from Applications to elsewhere I'd avoid just because of the version number lowering which annoys packagers.

Jonathan