New module: KPkPass

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Mon Mar 19 17:04:51 UTC 2018

Hi,

the below request for adding a new module to KDE PIM for the 18.08 release
resulted in some questions about the rules for new modules, as I ended up
facing the following conflicting constraints:

(1) We do not do "direct-to-frameworks" releases, ie. new modules should be
battle-tested elsewhere before moving to KF5.

(2) We do not do releases from playground, and following that, no released
module can depend on playground modules.

(3) Module moves have to be avoided where possible, ie. they should only be
done to fix stuff, not as a planned evolution of a module.

Do all these rules actually exist, or are some of them myths? :)  In
particular (3) was new to me.

If all three rules are valid, how do I solve the scenario outlined below then?

Thanks!
Volker