Baloo-widgets soversion

Elvis Angelaccio elvis.angelaccio at kde.org
Fri Jul 20 21:46:15 BST 2018

On venerdì 20 luglio 2018 21:53:12 CEST, Antonio Rojas wrote:
> Hi,
> In 18.08 baloo-widgets follows the KDE-Applications version
> number. This has the side effect that the libKF5BalooWidgets
> soversion has bumped from 5 to 18, and will presumably keep
> getting bumped every year (regardless of API changes). This
> seems wrong to me. Looking at the source it seems the soversion
> is given by a BALOO_WIDGETS_SOVERSION variable, which is however
> not being set anywhere. If this is not intentional (as I hope),
> it should be fixed before the final 18.08 release.

Hi Antonio,
BALOO_WIDGETS_SOVERSION is set by ecm_setup_version() [1].

This could be easily fixed by passing a fixed SOVERSION argument to
ecm_setup_version(). But which one should be used? Would it be correct to
use 5 even if the library version is going to be YY.MM.DD ?

[1]: https://api.kde.org/ecm/module/ECMSetupVersion.html

Cheers,
Elvis