Dependency Change: KCalCore on Libical 2.0

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Feb 24 18:27:51 UTC 2018

El dissabte, 24 de febrer de 2018, a les 18:15:23 CET, Allen Winter va
escriure:
> Howdy,
>
> Libical 2.0 has been released  since end of 2015.
> I released Libical 3.0 in early 2018 and expect to release the 3rd bug fix
> patch (v3.0.3) soon.
>
> This is a formal request to increase the minimum required version by
> KCalCore from 1.0 to 2.0.
>
> Version 2.0 is less buggy and fully source code compatible and most distros
> have been using it for a long time.
>
> KCalCore is already capable of using Libical 3.0.x , fyi
> but I am not requesting to increase to 3.0 for a few more years :)
> although it is recommended of course.
>
> Objections?

I don't think you need our approval, KDE Applications 18.04 is not until March
15, so you're fine to do whatever you feel as maintainer regarding
dependencies (I'd say our only requirement is that the dependency is
released).

If you're asking for our opinion, personally I'd say it's fine
  https://repology.org/metapackage/libical/badges
even Debian stable has it (for some reason not the latest opensuse), anyway if
we require it i guess it'll move people to make sure you're up to date.