KDE Applications 17.04.1 packages available for packagers

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed May 17 21:40:17 UTC 2017

El dimarts, 16 de maig de 2017, a les 15:57:22 CEST, Chusslove Illich va
escriure:
> >> [: Tobias C. Berner :]
> >> * lokalize seem to install some 'sr' doc files to weird destinations:
> >> e.g.: share/locale/sr/docs/lokalize/LC_MESSAGES/glossary.mo -- also this
> >> is an image for other languages =)
> >
> > [: Luigi Toscano :]
> > What do you mean that it is an image for other languages? Anyway, there
> > are really translations there: https://websvn.kde.org/branches/stable/
> > l10n-kf5/sr/docs/kdesdk/lokalize/
> >
> > Chusslove, are those files still needed? They are only in lokalize (trunk5
> > and stable5). I guess that most likely we can remove them.
>
> Hm, well, the proper thing to do would be to remove those .po files at
> packaging time. Their use is to track the text visible on the UI
> screenshots, so that it can be automatically detected if a screenshot needs
> updating (either when original changed/got removed, or if translation
> changed). That is why for each image in that directory there is a
> counterpart .po file.
>
> Having said that, I wonder why do these PO files get installed anyway, as no
> processing of PO files should happen when installing docs. Probably some
> CMake macro is behaving too eagerly here.

Honestly I'd really prefer if you removed those files, you have the tendency
to put files that shouldn't be there, we've had this problem before.

If you want something that is internal to your workflow stick it to the
"internal" folder, we're ignoring that one, the rest should really mimic
messages/docmessages/docs, and anything that doesn't do that just makes our
lives harder.