KDE Applications 17.04.1 packages available for packagers

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Tue May 16 13:57:22 UTC 2017

>> [: Tobias C. Berner :]
>> * lokalize seem to install some 'sr' doc files to weird destinations:
>> e.g.: share/locale/sr/docs/lokalize/LC_MESSAGES/glossary.mo -- also this
>> is an image for other languages =)
>
> [: Luigi Toscano :]
> What do you mean that it is an image for other languages? Anyway, there
> are really translations there: https://websvn.kde.org/branches/stable/
> l10n-kf5/sr/docs/kdesdk/lokalize/
>
> Chusslove, are those files still needed? They are only in lokalize (trunk5
> and stable5). I guess that most likely we can remove them.

Hm, well, the proper thing to do would be to remove those .po files at
packaging time. Their use is to track the text visible on the UI
screenshots, so that it can be automatically detected if a screenshot needs
updating (either when original changed/got removed, or if translation
changed). That is why for each image in that directory there is a
counterpart .po file.

Having said that, I wonder why do these PO files get installed anyway, as no
processing of PO files should happen when installing docs. Probably some
CMake macro is behaving too eagerly here.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)