Creating bugzilla entries for KDE Applications

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jul 30 22:01:54 UTC 2017

El diumenge, 30 de juliol de 2017, a les 12:48:05 CEST, David Faure va
escriure:
> On samedi 29 juillet 2017 18:15:16 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > At Akademy Adrián adapted Jonathan's scripts for Plasma to KDE
> > Applications.
> >
> > https://cgit.kde.org/sysadmin/release-tools.git/tree/add-bugzilla-versions
> >
> > Since KDE Applications are different in regard to Plasma in which not all
> > applications have the same version, we thought of adding a new cmake
> > variable that will define the version created.
> >
> > For example the patch for okular would be something like
> > https://paste.kde.org/pest4msbu
> >
> > The limitation of this is that it can only create one version per repo,
> > and
> > at this stage it assumes the name of the bugzilla product is the same as
> > the repo, though that could be fixed with creating a
> > BUGZILLA_APPLICATION_NAME or similar if needed.
> >
> > What are your thoughts?
>
> It seems strange to make it configurable for people who compile the
> application, what the value of BUGZILLA_APPLICATION_VERSION should be.
> I.e. my questions is, why is this a cmake variable?

So that you can ask cmake -L it's value.

> On the other hand cmake has the notion of the "project version", why don't
> we set that and use it for bugzilla too?
>
> E.g. KIO does
> set(KF5_VERSION "5.37.0") # handled by release scripts
> project(KIO VERSION ${KF5_VERSION})
>
> And okular *should* be doing something like
> project(okular VERSION "1.3.${KDE_APPLICATIONS_VERSION_MICRO}")º
>
> And Dolphin should be doing
> project(Dolphin VERSION ${KDE_APPLICATIONS_VERSION})
>
> (Note that when doing this, you can then port the calls to ecm_setup_version
> to ecm_setup_version(PROJECT [...]) i.e. it can get the version number from
> the project line)  [requires CMake policy CMP0048 to not be OLD].
>

> Then add_bugzilla_versions can parse the version number out of
> project([...] VERSION [...]) in all cases, without having a
> bugzilla-specific cmake variable.

The problem is, i don't want to parse it, i want cmake to parse it, and if
it's in a variable cmake -L gives me it's value, it being in project, even if
it's probably more proper, doesn't seem to give us a way to find it, and
honestly we really don't want to write a cmake parse/evaluator :D

Anyone has an idea on how to read the version specified in the cmake project()
function?