Clarification on requirements for a release

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Tue Jul 4 09:55:24 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 9:41 AM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 7:20 PM, Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 2:49 AM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
>>> I was the one who made that decision
>>
>> Cool
>>
>> You are not my supervisor.
>
> Please bear in mind you were the one (if my memory is correct) who
> pushed for everyone to include *.asc signatures with every released
> tarball

You mean the one I *discussed* with the plasma release manager? Then
*announced* our *intention* on this very mailing list inviting others
to follow suit. Then proceeded to argue why we need it and why we need
it the way we intend to do it. Then helped figure out a workflow that
will work for how frameworks and apps are released.

No, I will not have this bullshit.

Had you had a problem with how the tarball signing implementation went
down, then you would have been welcome to shout at me for being a
douchebag THEN AND THERE. You even replied to the friggin tarball
signing thread. You could literally have thrown in a PS: harald you
suck. You did not. You absolutely do not get to defend your shady
background rule-making crap this way.