Suggestion to Remove KFloppy and hold back K3b

Wolfgang Bauer wbauer at tmo.at
Wed Feb 22 19:07:09 UTC 2017

Am Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2017, 01:07:42 schrieb Boudhayan Gupta:
> I really don't see why this has to exist. Anyone who uses floppies in
> this day and age knows how to use a command line to do a low level
> format.

Maybe, but using a GUI is more comfortable and you don't have to remember
which tools and command line options to use... ;-)

The original mail here suggested to drop it because it "doesn't work" (which
is not completely true).
And I am willing to work on improving it.

Whether it still "has to exist" is a different topic IMHO, and probably also
quite subjective.
I do use it regularly and would be disappointed if it would disappear.
That's the reason why I stepped up as maintainer a bit over a year ago, and
invested time and effort to port it to KF5...

My opinion: you don't have to install it if you have no need for it.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang