Dropping kdelibs4-based applications in KDE Applications 17.12

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Nov 14 22:27:07 UTC 2016

El divendres, 11 de novembre de 2016, a les 18:24:42 CET, Christoph Feck va
escriure:
> On 11.11.2016 16:45, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 11:42 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> >> Hi, my proposal would be to make KDE Applications 17.08 the last release
> >> we
> >> accept applications based on kdelibs4, that means people have a year
> >> until KDE Applications 17.12 to port the applications from the list
> >> below to KF5.
> >>
> >> The ones that aren't ported we would just drop to unmaintained or if they
> >> have an active developer team that somehow doesn't want to move to KF5
> >> they could move to "extreagear".
>
> Will we still release the KDE4 platform for not-yet-ported extragear
> applications (Amarok etc.) with 17.12?
>
> If we stop releasing it, then we should also move all unported
> applications to 'unmaintained'. Any developer willing to port can
> surrect it from there.

I personally think that's a bit extreme tbh, if a group of developers are
stubbornly fixated in developing for kdelibs4 and not KF5 I don't see why we
should not let them do the releases if they want to.

But this seems a bit hypothetical, I *hope* any actively maintained
"extregear" app will be KF5-based in a year :)