Dropping kdelibs4-based applications in KDE Applications 17.12

Andreas Sturmlechner andreas.sturmlechner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 12:37:46 UTC 2016

On Friday, 11 November 2016 at 12:29, Sandro Knauß wrote:
> But Debian list more reverse dependencies against kdepimlibs-4, if I request
> kdepimlibs4 to go. (Okay Debian is based on Application 16.08)

For sure there are external dependencies but that doesn't concern KDE
Applications decisions imo. kdepimlibs-4 wasn't released for >1.5 years and
after dropping last rdeps from KDE Applications it remains distro business to
decide for how long to ship it and keep what reverse dependencies, same for
Qt4WebKit.

For kopete, if frameworks branch still isn't merged for 17.04 maybe someone
comes up with a patch to make kdepimlibs optional / port to GpgME++ there as
well.

> kgpg: kgpg
ported in 16.12

> kmymoney: kmymoney