KDEPIM (16.12) and Gpgme minimum requirement

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Thu Nov 3 10:45:47 UTC 2016

Hey,

Together with Andre Heinecke (developer of gpgme), we discussed the minimum
version of GpgME we want to support with the upcoming release of KDEPIM for
Applications 16.12.

You may got the notice, that the cpp(gpgme++) and qt (QGpgme) interface,
previously build by KDEPIM in the libgpgmepp package, moved down to GpgME
directly. That's why KDEPIM depends on very recent GpgME.

Together with Andre we came to the conclusion, that we want to support:

GpgME >= 1.7.1

We can't support 1.7.0 because the API is not complete in this version, to
support KDEPIM. 1.7.2 will be released hopefully next week and will clean up
some things and extend the API again (moved things from libkleo -> gpgme), but
it is ABI compatible with 1.7.1.

For KDE Applications 17.04 we will raise the minimum version very certainly
again, to get rid of copies in libkleo.

Regards,

Sandro Knauß