Which liist to use for non-KF5/non-Plasma/non-Applications product prerelease announcement to packagers?

Elvis Angelaccio elvis.angelaccio at kdemail.net
Mon May 30 16:41:52 UTC 2016

> Hi,
>
> for those libs/apps which are not released as part of "KF5", "Plasma" or
> "Applications", but with own release management/cycle, where would general KDE
> products interested packagers expect the announcements to be done?
>
> I see two mailinglists which might be the proper place, but from the existing
> announcements done on these lists I am not sure which one should be the one.
> release-team seems "KF5", "Plasma" or "Applications" only, but that might be
> only because other release managers are too shy to post there?

+1
I can confirm that I never posted pre-release announcements for my app
to release-team because, well,
I'm not part of the "official" release-team and I wasn't sure whether
I was supposed to write there.

If there is consensus to extend this list (or whatever other list) to
the "former extragear" products,
I'm more than happy to start doing this kind of announcements.

> So, where should Krita, KDevelop, Kexi, Calligra, Digikam & Co. do their
> release announcements to packagers, so they can start to do packaging in time
> for the release day?
>
> Compare also the official mailinglist descriptions:
>
> "About Kde-distro-packagers
> This list is used to coordinate issues amongst and between KDE developers and
> distribution packagers. This is a public list."
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-distro-packagers
>
> "About release-team
> This mailing list is a contact point and a discussion list for people involved
> in or who are interested in helping with coordinating and creating KDE source
> releases."

release-team seems a better fit for the job, since it's what the
"main" products use for pre-release announcements.

> Cheers
> Friedrich

Cheers,
Elvis