Which liist to use for non-KF5/non-Plasma/non-Applications product prerelease announcement to packagers?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon May 30 16:14:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

for those libs/apps which are not released as part of "KF5", "Plasma" or
"Applications", but with own release management/cycle, where would general KDE
products interested packagers expect the announcements to be done?

I see two mailinglists which might be the proper place, but from the existing
announcements done on these lists I am not sure which one should be the one.
release-team seems "KF5", "Plasma" or "Applications" only, but that might be
only because other release managers are too shy to post there?

So, where should Krita, KDevelop, Kexi, Calligra, Digikam & Co. do their
release announcements to packagers, so they can start to do packaging in time
for the release day?

Compare also the official mailinglist descriptions:

"About Kde-distro-packagers
This list is used to coordinate issues amongst and between KDE developers and
distribution packagers. This is a public list."
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-distro-packagers

"About release-team
This mailing list is a contact point and a discussion list for people involved
in or who are interested in helping with coordinating and creating KDE source
releases."

Cheers
Friedrich